Book Your Hotel Online
Hotels in Varkala
Hotels in Varkala : Varkala is a seaside tourist resort and spa. A small town 55km north of Thiruvananthapuram, it is also an important religious place for the Hindus.
The Papanasam Beach at Varkala is a quiet, secluded beach known for its white, silvery stretch of sand, mineral springs and rocky cliffs. Varkala is also an important Hindu centre of pilgrimage. The final resting place of Sree Narayana Guru, the great social reformer of Kerala, is near Varkala atop a hill named Sivagiri. High cliffs from mineral springs majestically rise is a scene typical of Varkala.
According to a myth, sage Narada was approached by a group of mendicants who confessed to having sinned. Narada threw his valkkalam (the bark of tree which the mythical sages used to wear) into the air, and the place where it landed was subsequently named Varkala. The mendicants were directed by Narada to offer their prayers in the newly created place by the seashore. The place where they prayed for redemption came to be known as the Papanasham Beach ('Papanasham' means redemption from sins).
- Le Mangalath Beach Resort : Le Mangalath Beach Resort is located at Just 5 minutes from the Papasanam Cliff and 30 meters from the beautiful Thiruvambadi beach in Varkala.
- Preeth Beach Resort : The resort is located at 5 minutes from Varkala's spectacular Papanasam cliffs. The place retains peaceful ambience amidst idyllic environment.
- Golden Beach Resort: Golden Beach is ideally located on top of the South Cliff in Varkala and offers the panoramic view of the famous sunset of Varkala without any distractions. There are steps built, which enables direct access to the beach from Golden Beach Resort.
- Hindustan Beach Retreat : The Hindustan Beach Retreat, Varkala is a resort that meets international standards of quality and service and is set to make a mark in the tourism circuit of God's own country.
- Hotel Green Palace : Hotel Green Palace is a Hotel located at Varkala (Kerala, India). It is located a few steps away from the Papanasam Beach and 2000 year old Janardhana Temple and Shivgiri Ashram.
- Taj Garden Retreat : 51 km from Trivandrum airport. 37 km from Quilon Railway Station. Atop terraced cliffs with a stunning view of the coastline. This resort moulds itself harmoniously with the inclined landscape of Varkala beach
© Copyright 2008 - 2013 Hotelinkerala.in - Kerala Hotels India
Varkala Hotels, Book Hotels in Varkala, Hotel in Varkala, Kerala